Thursday 27 April 2017

Detola and Geek on the road - Group lampshade making workshop in Cambridgeshire

Last Monday night, I taught a group lampshade making workshop in the picturesque village of Great Chishill (nr. Royston) in Cambridgeshire. Sounds a bit like the beginning of a "romantic novel"). LOL !!! I love living in & exploring the English countryside (can't you tell).


I loved every minute of this "home-based" evening workshop which was for a group of ladies. And oh what a fun & giggly bunch they were. 

All the ladies brought along their own fabric/material which comprised of different textures, designs & colours. One of the ladies upcycled an old laundry basket as her base material (I highly do not recommend using materials other than light to medium-weight cotton / linen fabric when making a lamp shade for the very first time).


Will share some of the lampshades "in situ" later. I love seeing how a bespoke lampshade can pull a room / space together. 

To find out more about my "Detola and Geek" lampshade making craft workshops, click here: http://www.detolaandgeek.com/workshops.

If you are not able to attend one of my workshop's in person or want to give it a go by yourself, grab one of my lampshade craft kits online instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment