Wednesday 30 May 2012

Peter Carl Fabergé ~ The Godfather of Fabergé eggs

Today marks the 166th anniversary of the birth of Peter Carl Fabergé. He was
born on 30th May 1846 and died on September 24th 1920. The famous Russian jeweller who took Easter eggs to a very much higher level with his exquisite designs.


Above are part of the creative eggs that were dotted all around London during the Fabergé Big Egg Hunt 2012 were designed by leading architects. There were 209 eggs in total designed by designers, jewellers, architects and artists. All the egss were stunningly made.

I so missed this as I live in the sticks. I will certainly keep my ear to the ground for more upcoming interesting events in London.
}My take on Peter Carl Faberge - If he was alive today, I wonder what his 'object of desire' would be!.~  

2 comments: