Friday 17 June 2011

Memories of Clerkenwell Design Week 2011

My so long awaited piece. The Place to be at during the last week of May was the Clerkenwell Design Week (CDW) 2011. And here is a copy of my "spare" CDW map (That's why it's not wrinkled, scribbled-on and dog-eared like the real one I used to find my way around)




I had a fabulous time last week Tuesday at the Clerkenwell Design Week (CDW). It was one up on 2010’s. The ante was upped a bit.

Also made it to all four talks I had on my itinery for the day. 12.30 - Milliken's "Design 2012"; 16.00 - InterfaceFLOR's "Key Trends that will influence our world in the near future"; 17.30 - Kholer's "New hotel design trends and beautiful bathing spaces" and lastly at 18.30 - Knoll's "Debate: Are there too many designers?". I came away from all four talks feeling very inspired, refreshed and more educated to say the least.


So here are my memories of CDW 2011

First up the exhibitions at the old Victorian prison "House of detention" .......................











































Back outside. The only outside feature I remembered to take a pic of.







Yes - I just couldn't resist this pair of classic Chaise Lounge - LC4s at Cassina's showroom. Made famous by legendary the Le Corbusier. Fabulous!!!














An interesting model at the Sedus showroom















Can you guess whose Teaparty this was. Lovely yummy cupcakes and nice cappuccino (I know I should have had tea !!!!!)


I met Cathy Warwick the UK Sales Manager at Bulo who happens to reside in my very own hometown, Letchworth Garden City. We compared notes (children, schools, coffee shops etc), was dead funny. You would have thought we had been friends for years.











These beautiful sinks were in Kohler's showroom where they held the "New hotel design trends and beautiful bathing spaces" talk




I couldn't resist the daybed from the window with a view ....... After all my walking around I did feel like taking a quick nap.



My last shot of "CDW 2001" en-route home.




}My take on CDW 2011-I had a wonderful experience. Can't wait for next year's (CDW 2012)~  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment