Wednesday 1 June 2011

A LILLE bit of chic !!!

I spent Easter in Lille and ‘Oh my gosh!!!! I have fallen in love with its cute, old town
(Vielle Ville) with its’s 17th-century narrow, winding and cobbled streets; historic buildings - ruins and all.


Rue de la Monniae is filled with the cutest small cafes, chic boutiques, tiny sidewalks, flash cars and fashionably-dressed inhabitants. Aux Merveilleux is a must - their pastries and cakes are out of this world.

Fact: Lille is proud for having the first automatic, i.e. driverless, metro line in the world





Rue de la Grande Chaussée (one of the oldest streets) is lined with luxury and fashion boutiques like Bernardaud, Louis Vuitton, Faconnable, Swarovski to name a few of my favourite ones.






A quick hop on the Eurostar from St Pancras International Train Station and you are there.


Oh where, o where should I begin. Is it the fashionistas, the trend-setters, the cafes or the interior design shops that I discovered along my travels.


I visited a few interior design stores in Lille. They were a must on my to-do-list. Below is a photo stream of my favourite memories.


JEAN MANIGLIER 

This store is cramped with wonderful gems like furniture, art objects, lighting, rugs and even the odd stuffed animal head. Downstairs (formerly vaulted cellars) even has an old water well or two. It's an Aladdin's Cave in it's own right.



                                        

 


They are stockists of Hugues Chevalier, Kenzo, Toulemonde Bochart, Limited Edition, Blue nature, Pierre Frey – to name a few.

                                       

 


 




 






































































































ELLEN DESFORGES

                                       
                          










LOFT INTERIOR DESIGNERS

                                     











PALAIS DES BEAUX-ARTS DE LILLE

I just couldn’t resist this ceiling light feature which you couldn’t miss. Even if you tried. Its bang right in the main Hall as you come in through the entrance. Talk about Oversize focal points (I can feel another topic to blog about coming up soon).




                                     
}My take on Lille  - I have found many, many, many reasons to go back there. It's so right up my street!!!~

No comments:

Post a Comment